Okay, +1 on satch...@gmail.com's implementation.

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 10:15 AM, satch...@gmail.com <satch...@gmail.com> wrote:
If I may, here's how things should go:
You call up the Workspace Switcher (is there a hot corner or something?). The
screen slides up.
You switch to the workspace on the right. The screen slides left.
You move/click the mouse somewhere outside the switcher area, dismissing the
switcher. The screen slides down.
Ergo, it should be broken up into gentle vertical and horizontal movements,
rather than sudden diagonal movements.