I've hit a null pointer dereference in libdwarf when opening a particular
ELF file.  The crash is in _dwarf_elf_relocate, specifically here:

http://sourceforge.net/p/elftoolchain/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/libdwarf/libdwarf_elf_init.c#l141

ed->ed_data->d_buf is NULL here.  I single stepped with gdb and found that
this can from elf_getdata() returning a non-NULL ed_data with d_buf is set
to NULL at this line:

http://sourceforge.net/p/elftoolchain/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/libelf/elf_data.c#l143

I have no idea where to go from here.  My test app source can be found here:

https://people.freebsd.org/~rstone/libdwarf_crash/crash.c

A sample ELF file that provokes the crash can be found here:

https://people.freebsd.org/~rstone/libdwarf_crash/dwarf_crash.ko.debug