Richard PALO wrote:
> rp> Checking out 0.7.1, I notice in general that the tags output under
> rp> the Solaris elfdump  format maintain the 'DT_' prefix, as follows:

I hope we can move more common functionality to libelftc from
readelf/elfdump -- I did it for relocation type strings recently.
While looking at others I see that one common difference is whether or
not prefixes are printed (SHT_, DT_, etc.); perhaps we can have these
type->string mapping functions accept an enum to choose one of several
styles.

On 13 March 2016 at 11:40, Joseph Koshy <jko...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Related question: would you recommend a freely available Solaris clone
> that we could use to look at Solaris compatibility issues?

I've been using SmartOS for this, available from:
http://wiki.smartos.org/display/DOC/Download+SmartOS

I've tried it out in QEMU; it takes much longer than FreeBSD to start
up, but seems to work just fine.

On a related note I have some work in progress for ELF notes
formatting in elfdump that I plan to post for review shortly.