On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 06:56:51AM -0700, Jim Tucker wrote:
> This may be an elementary question, but I have failed to find the
> answer in the elinks documentation.  How can I copy and paste text
> within elinks?  For example, if I am editing a bookmark URL, how do I
> select text and copy it so that I can later paste it into, say, a web
> page field?  If I prefer not to use the mouse, is there a way to do
> this using only the keyboard?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

There are actions copy-clipboard (default binding Ctrl-Ins) and
cut-clipboard (default binding Ctrl-X). They will copy the URI using the
system's mechanism, but the only systems currently supported are OS/2
and GNU Screen. Support for an internal clipboard is planned, as is
support for X.

You might want to try GNU Screen. GNU Screen provides a very nice
system, with which ELinks integrates reasonably well.  See 'Copy and
Paste' in Screen's info page.

--
Miciah Masters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> / <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>