On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 02:15:44AM EDT, Thomas Adam wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 01:51:44AM -0400, cga2000 wrote:
> > I also have a minor problem with sites that use a screen-wide color
> > background to highlight headings. But this may be due to my terminal
> > (xterm+gnu/screen) configuration. I have this problem with the gentoo
> > main page for instance and would be curious to know if others see the
> > same thing I am seeing.
>
> I couldn't say -- the page looks fine to me.   You could always take a
> screenshot.

http://www.geocities.com/cga9999/gen.png

normally the purplish-blue background of "Gentoo Weekly Newsletter" ..
etc. should extend as far as the column at the extreme right of the
screen.  Here, it stops with the text .. right after the '6' of 'July
2006".  Good news if you don't see this, then likely it's only a matter
of my configuring my terminal correctly.

> > One little thing that I am missing is the absence of any indication
> > of how far down I am into a given page. Something like a percentage
> > indication would be especially useful for some lengthy pages such as
> > collections of mailing list archives. I guess everybody else uses
> > the underlying terminal's scrollbar for this (?) .. I use a
> > fullscreen terminal with no scrollbar and sometimes - especially
> > when searching - I'm a little lost.
>
> I just tend to use the page indicator in the top-right corner of
> ELinks, example:  Gentoo Linux -- Gentoo Linux News (1/4).

I guess.. I should've asked if there was such a feature to begin with..
Thanks for the tip.. suits me to a tee.. even better than a percentage..
since I tend to think more in terms of pages anyway.. like most people,
I guess.

Thanks,

cga