I am having a problem with one of elinks behaviors.

I often visit a site where a cgi script creates a page
containing several internal links.

When I attempt to follow one of these internal links, elinks
will attempt to reload the page, lose the session data and
kick me back to a login page.

Elinks also warns about missing fragment "#name"  where #name
is the internal linking reference.

I have not been able to identify any caching or browsing
configuration setting which fixes this problem.

I am running elinks 0.12pre5 on
a Debian  5.0.7 system.

Incidentally, lynx 2.8.7 and a variety of GUI browsers have
no trouble navigating the internal links.

Also, when I save the HTML into a local file, elinks has no
trouble navigating the  internal links from a static page.

So at this point It looks like my woes are the result of an
unnecessary page reload.

If anyone can suggest a solution to this problem I'd be happy to hear it.

To me, this feels like a bug, elinks shouldn't reload a page when the
anchor tag points to  another part of the same page.

I now await the wisdom of the list.

Thanks.

--
Rudy Vener, Owner and founder
Pizza Galaxy - Online ordering and Email marketing for

Restaurant owners, boost your sales with new
customers, more visits and increased ticket size with
Pizza Galaxy's Online Ordering and E-mail Marketing.
Get our free report: The Top 7 Ways for Restaurants to get
Customers Online. Go to
http://www.pizzagalaxy.com/top7ways.html
to get your free copy.