On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 09:17:59PM EST, Dun Peal wrote:

> I added the following line to my ~/.elinks/elinks.conf:
>
>     bind "main" "Ctrl-S" = "save-formatted"
>
> Unfortunately, it doesn't bind; hitting Ctrl-s repeatedly fails to
> launch the "save-formatted" dialog.
>
> This is ELinks 0.12pre5 from the official repos of Ubuntu 13.04.

> Should I report this as a bug, or am I at fault and doing something
> wrong?

Probably ELinks never sees your CTRL-S.. the underlying terminal grabs
it and does not pass it to the application.

But then hitting CTRL-S should freeze your terminal and you'd need to
issue a CTRL-Q to unfreeze... so I'm not sure..

See "man stty".

You could try to issue a

| % stty CTRL-V CTRL-S ''

before you launch ELinks and see if it helps.

.. or if you don't want to bother about stty, you could also hit "CTRL-V
CTRL-S" in ELinks (instead of just CTRL-S) .. and ELinks should see the
CTRL-S.

IOW, CTRL-V is akin to an escape character in this context.

CJ

--
Alex Perez is aliveeeeeeee!!!