I swear I feel like I'm responding to myself, but I'm really not that
schizophrenic.

The boot order is changable from the firmware:

http://www.elinux.org/Minnowboard:MaxBios#Change_Boot_Order

Hit F2 during bootup, or if you can get to the UEFI shell type exit.

There's a group internally that had the board network booting (I believe
with UEFI vs. PXE) but I haven't done it myself, so I don't have exact
steps.  If you need I can probably do something and get that setup and a
howto written (but it might take a bit to do)

- John "Warthog9" Hawley