On 05/05/2016 17:44, w.m.wij...@student.rug.nl wrote:

- when included in the stdlib, compiling/usin Elixir on embedded devices
becomes impossible because of the increased file size.

Head above the parapet, but I would be interested in using Elixir in some embedded stuff. Object size and runtime size is important. I guess I'm not really "embedded" as my linux image sizes are usually 10MB+ (including kernel), but I still want to keep things small when I can. Having the ability to strip down unicode support may be useful for some requirements...

Thanks for consideration...

Ed W