I would like to see more use cases before adding a core compiler to the
language. In particular, if you are writing your own language, it is most
likely that sooner rather than later you will have your own compiler on top
of core and then you won't use the core compiler at all.

*José Valim*
www.plataformatec.com.br
Skype: jv.ptec
Founder and Director of R&D