Dear all,
I'm currently in charge of migrating large elixir applications from 1.2
to 1.3 then 1.4. I have to fix tons of warnings in code and so, need
tools for:
* me to fix these warnings
* my colleagues to identify earlier as possible code errors and
warnings.

We are working mostly with emacs and (neo)vim and are using their
respective plugins: alchemist or flycheck for emacs and https://github.
com/awetzel/nvim-rplugin
None of them are providing satisfying on-the-fly compilation with
warning/errors highlighting. Issues so far:
* using Code.eval* functions (nvim-rplugin aproach) do not catch
warnings
* using elixirc (flycheck approach):
  * do not take into account mix environment (paths, deps, etc) so
report many false errors (missing macros or modules)
  * warnings are really hard to catch: elixirc output is ok for human
reading but just a nightmare for parsing (I'm currently using a huge
awk script which is not even reliable)
* using mix: AFAIK, mix can not compile file by file and warnings are
reported as elixirc, so we're back to the same issue as elixirc

I've proposed a pr (https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/pull/5757)
which exposes compilation errors and warnings API and allow overriding
default behaviour.
PR includes an example. The PR has been rejected (see discussion).

Would it be possible to discuss an acceptable implementation for
resolving the issue described above ?

Best regards,
--
Jean Parpaillon