Working in the latests addition to doctests let me found this bug,
This is an actual test,

defmodule ExUnit.DocTestTest.Incomplete do
  @doc ~S'''
      iex> 1 + 2

  '''
  def test_fun, do: :ok
end

it fails because there is nothing to evaluate against at the end of the doctest,
But I see that we have the assumption that all the tests finish in a new lines
(because we use the
HEREDOC comments and they always end in a new line).

but the following code will compile, when it shouldn't

defmodule ExUnit.DocTestTest.Incomplete do
  @doc "
      iex> 1 + 2"
  def test_fun, do: :ok
end