We don't have conversion functions in Kernel and they are not even auto
imported in Erlang, so we would need strong reasons to import them in
Elixir. If discovery is a reason for adding functions to Kernel, then we
can end-up with a bloated Kernel quite quickly.

*José Valimwww.plataformatec.com.br
<http://www.plataformatec.com.br/>Founder and Director of R&D*