We have already approved a --max-failures option but the implementation was
not completed. So a PR is definitely welcome.

You can see the previous PR here for the discussion but note that a
different approach has to be taken:
https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/pull/7480

*José Valim*
www.plataformatec.com.br