I don't think forum discussions and function documentation can necessarily
be compared.

If I understand the contents of the example repo right, you'd want to tag
functions by the type of their arguments (e.g. which data structures they
operate on).
This is largely already sorted by how they are organized in modules (Enum,
String, etc.) I would go as far as saying those modules ARE categories of
functions.

Adding an additional way of sorting the documentation would be more
confusing than helpful in my opinion.
Personally, I also never had any issues finding functions, even when I
started learning Elixir