Hey Louis!

> I've no strong opinion on the proposal, but I'd just like to point out
> that expressivity has a formal CS definition and implementing this
> proposal will not increase the expressive power of guard clauses as they
> will not be capable of any functionality they did not have before.

That's a good point. Arguably it would add expressivity to match
patterns—though I'm relying on the fact that that doesn't add new abilities
to the language as a whole to perform the rewrite, so it is definitely
syntactic/semantic sugar.

This proposal would also allow an expansion of `defguard` to cover my
> previous recommended functionality to it as well

Do you mind expanding on this, Overmind?