Thanks for the explanation about guards, makes sense. And I totally agree
with you, that can be implemented as an assertion at the very begin of
function's body.

Again, the question - is there a way to leverage typespecs? Is there a way
to implement something like this "hey elixir, is this value corresponds to
this type?"
I'd like to avoid a custom way to define specs for that assertions macros.