I really like this feature idea. Often you don't know or expect that a
particular function will take so long, and it's precisely at that point
that you go "man, I wish I had timed that". Particularly if the function is
doing a side effect, it may be non trivial to try again.

Perhaps if the messaging all happened with the `iex()` prefix it might make
more sense where it's coming from?

iex(1)> some_long_fun()
iex(taking more than 5 seconds ...)
iex(returned after 15 seconds)