> There's also `Kernel.match?/2`, which is awkward to use [...]
It's neither more complex to write nor understand than `if_match`.
I would argue it just seems awkward because you haven't used it a lot? --
At least it felt awkward to me the first few times I used it.

Assuming we ruled out `if_match`, the only alternative would be `<-`,
custom use case of `=` or a similar solution.
Personally, I hate it when languages start using what feels like millions
of "nice", "short", "clear" syntax trickeries for any given [edge] case.
It's just extremely hard to read in other people's code if you're not that
experienced and a hassle to remember for yourselves, if you don't use it a
lot.

I know I'm often times a bit of a buzzkill when it comes to little
additions/changes like this but I feel the currently available solutions
suffice.

-sven