I debated this with the Elixir team and we agreed on the following API:

    Keyword.validate! :: keyword | no_return
    Keyword.validate :: {:ok, keyword} | {:error, unknown_keys,
missing_keys}

The same functionality would have to be defined for Map.

The API for Keyword.validate! and Map.validate! would be the exact same as
the one found in Nx.Defn.Kernel.keyword!.

Could you please send a PR? Or open up an issue if you can't submit it at
the moment.

Thanks!