I see, in your case then it sounds like you running your own custom
validation is the best, because URI can't provide it out of the box. So it
seems creating from the %URI{...} is the best option. We can document it is
possible but not to set the deprecated authority field.

*José Valimhttps://dashbit.co/ <https://dashbit.co/>*