I think it's worth pointing out that even though Elm will be here tomorrow,
Elm is still evolving. Take as an example the latest release. If you had
sold your boss on Elm 0.16 six months ago and then 0.17 comes out with very
large changes, what are you going to recommend? Do you recommend that you
stick with 0.16 long term? Or do you rip the band-aid, ask for more
schedule and money, and convert your Elm 0.16 app to Elm 0.17?

When talking about making a decision from a business perspective we are
talking about personnel resources, schedule, and money. Are you able to
justify the less-than-1.0 nature of Elm from a business perspective? Are
you able to point at the benefits of Elm as outweighing any future risks?

I'm not trying to sway you one way or another. But speaking from my
personal work situation I have considered this question and as the on-site
Elm expert I don't consider Elm to be Production ready for the specific
work that my company does yet. But that doesn't mean it's not ready for the
type of work your company does.