Hi Robert,

I'm trying to understand what you are requesting and I keep seeing
records/ADT for domains and plain old functions for the transformations.
In other words, I don't really understand what is the show stopper here.

For example, let's say that you want to transform the model into a text
only representation and into some sort of audio output and send those to
some other output devices.
This can easily be accomplished by adding a textOnly port and an audio port
and returning from `update` a Cmd.batch of the commands to these ports.

If you don't want ports you could probably use some Effect Manager to
produce the commands.

Also, if you want the model to pass through several transformations before
generating the output, you can easily to that like:

view model =
    model
    |> firstTransformation
    |> secondTransformation arg1 arg2
    |> finalTransformation

Maybe if you try to implement what you want and reach a point where you
would like to write something and cannot because of current limitations,
you could present some mock code with how you would want things to be.

There is NO FATE, we are the creators.
blog: http://damoc.ro/