You seem to use the demo folder "as is". The demo uses the Material source
directly from source references in elm-package.json. To use it without
source, you need to reference elm-mdl in elm-package.json like this

 "dependencies": {
       "debois/elm-dom": "1.2.0 <= v < 2.0.0",
       "debois/elm-mdl": "6.0.0 <= v < 7.0.0",
       "debois/elm-parts": "2.0.0 <= v < 3.0.0",