@Max

Many thanks.  I upgraded the elm-test runner and all was fine.  Fuzzers do
the trick when you limit the depth of recursion as in your example.  Just
upgraded to 2.0.1 and the shrinker seems to be working much better now.

One thing I'd like to have added (if possible)

    almostEqual : Float -> Float -> Expectation