> Components should only update their own private non-shared state that
> other components don't need. Shared states such as your server queue are
> updated at the highest level and each sub component merely receives a
> function to run the update.

Apologies, but I have read and re-read this and I'm still not sure what
it's saying. :x

That's totally on me, but I'm quickly becoming convinced that Evan's view
of the term "components"
<https://www.reddit.com/r/elm/comments/4xsqhd/practical_examples_in_elm/>
is dead-on: our speaking in terms of "components" seems to result in way
more confusion than positive outcomes. I'm on board with the idea that we
should stop using it to describe portions of Elm programs, and instead
focus discussions on terms whose definitions are clearly applicable:
modules, functions, data, and the first-class Elm Architecture building
blocks of Model, Msg, update, and view.

I gather that this is has to do with an interaction between two update
functions...is there some way to rephrase it in terms of how those two
update functions interact?