Hi. I'm looking to build a custom serial port terminal program. It'll
receive a binary format that needs to be made human readable (and plotted).

It would be awesome if I could write my app in Electron, using Elm.

Besides giving me a framework (so I can avoid React and Angular), it seems
Elm can also help me decode the protocol in a uniquely concise way.

First things first: how do I access the node serial port
(https://www.npmjs.com/package/serialport) in Elm?

Looking forward to get started in Elm!

Ian

PS In the days before Elm 0.17 was released I could sense an excitement in
the air (and I had no clues about what was to happen, no contact). In
contrast with this excitement I have the feeling the 0.17 release may be
seen by the public as a step back: in the eyes of the feeble Elm became a
framework instead of a language. In other words Elm became less powerful
and a special purpose tool. I hope to prove myself wrong :)

Some links that might be useful:

- github.com/rwaldron/johnny-five is an Arduino based Robotics platform

- The barebones to using Elm with Electron:
https://medium.com/@ezekeal/building-an-electron-app-with-elm-part-1-boilerplate-3416a730731f#.9jipph16u

- This may be an even better resource:
http://www.gizra.com/content/elm-electron-build/

Finally, this page has some code showing the kind of serial port code
needed:

 -
http://adilmoujahid.com/posts/2015/07/practical-introduction-iot-arduino-nodejs-plotly/