Well for starters you can search for "debounce" on the package catalog and
look at what other people have done.

Let's say I'm debouncing the many Msgs that can come in from moving the
mouse. I would expect that when the mouse stays put for a supplied
duration, I'm given that mouse position.

But after a few minutes of thought, I can't come up with a good non-native
API. If I can dream of additions to core, I might want

debounce : Time -> Sub msg -> Sub msg

Which would work great for mouse positions and keep Model and update
completely uncluttered, but I'm not sure if it would help all use-cases
since it's only for Subs and would require an addition to core.