It looks like the error you get is because you redefine the '>' function by
using the same function:

   - You redefine '>' to take 2 DropsPerSecond types
   - Inside this function you want to use the "old" '>' function to compare
   2 Floats

The compiler - I think - is ahead of you: it uses your new definition of
'>', taking the 2 DropsPerSecond.
And gives you an error because you are passing it something else.

In my (limited) experience, strong typing did not pay off, and I stick to
type aliases mostly. For strong typing, you basically need to re-define any
core operation which would otherwise just be available. The chance of
making mistakes in these outweigh (for me at least) the benefits of extreme
type safety.