It works fine for me (also get Atom's elmjutsu plugin, made by same person
as linter-elm-make and they work wonderfully together).

So first of all the src directory in elm-package.json should be as it
normally is in elm-package.json, the root directory of all your elm source,
mine for example is:
```json
    "source-directories": [
        "web/elm"
    ],
```
In linter-elm-make I also have 'Lint as you type' enabled, 'Always compile
main' enabled (be sure to set your project main file(s) as per
linter-elm-make instructions!  I.E. open the file, open command pallete,
type 'main' and choose "Linter Elm Make: Set Main Paths".  With that it
works wonderfully and real-time for me (and again, get elmjutsu).