Thanks for the input Nathan and welcome!

I think it's hard to disagree with your comments on the rough edges.
Documentation has been scattered and incomplete for a while now. Something
that I personally think deters newcomers, and it sounds like you would
agree.

Whether it's production ready really depends on your situation. Elm is more
on the bleeding edge side of the spectrum rather than on the "tried and
true" end. You'll find it successfully used in production at some
companies, but there is a certain amount of risk you must accept (like your
documentation comment or the fact that getting to 1.0 isn't in the
conversation in the near future of Elm).

Scaling Elm apps are also active conversations in this mailing list. It's
important to realize two points if you read through some of those posts.

   1. Scaling a Single Page App (SPA) is different conversation than
   scaling an app where pages are individually requested from the server.
   2. Discussions around scaling an Elm app often get fuzzed with "how do
   nested modules (previously "components") work in Elm? Reusable modules is
   also a separate convo from how to scale an App with 100s of actions.

I hope you stay tuned for the scaling application concern. I'm leading a
very small project to build a production app with Elm here in a few weeks.
One of the purposes for choosing Elm was to explore how to scale the app
with dozens of actions inside of a SPA.

My intent is to share our experiences, lessons learned, and codebase with
the community before December so that we can have some larger scale (more
than a Todo app) experiences and code to have more well-informed
discussions over.