In a chat app I built, I'm using a combination of twitters widget.js and
ports to allow people to embed tweets into the chat log. This is
accomplished by having elm create a dom node with a specific ID, and then
telling widget.js to turn that into a tweet.
In local testing with a few users at once and limited chat activity this
works fine. However, in production, it seems that when virtual-dom is doing
a lot of work, with thousands of users, the tweets just disappear after a
awhile.

I'm having trouble duplicating this issue outside or production, but I was
hoping that using a keyed html node would prevent this from happening.
Any thoughts? Or is there a better way to use the twitter APIs to embed
tweets?

Thanks,