You should read this article to see why existing solutions generally do not
work very

I am pretty sure draft.js has a good underlying data model that copes with
mapping to the DOM well. Perhaps looking into how that works could give you
some direction.

Like Luke says, you will need to use the selection API via a port.

When I first started looking into Elm this was something that I was
interested in creating so I am keen to see how you get on.

Good luck.

For more options, visit