What you want is the rendered version of the Svg.

I don't think that's available in Elm yet.

however, can get the rendered version my doing a round trip through JS
*after* you have rendered the svg.

here is a quick demo on how to do this:
https://github.com/pdamoc/elm-assistance/tree/master/svgrender

If you don't want the Svg to be visible while you do this, you can add a
hidden attribute to the div that is hosting the Svg.

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 12:27 AM, Alexander Klink <alexan...@klink.name>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in elm-lsystems (see http://0x90.eu/ls/ and https://git.alech.de/alech/
> elm-lsystems/),
> I render an inline SVG. I would like the user to be able to download this
> SVG, for
> example by providing a link to a data:-URI of the content.
>
> For this, I would need a function that converts the given Svg into a
> String, but
> I couldn't find anything ... Ideas anyone?
>
> Best,
> Alex

There is NO FATE, we are the creators.
blog: http://damoc.ro/