It probably sounds insane that Elm doesn't have `for` or `while`. It would
to me before exposure to functional programming.

There are prebuilt functions for working with collections like List
<> and Array
<> which will
take care of most needs.

When you find you need something a bit more custom, a recursive loop is the
normal way. Those take a little practice to get the feel for them.

Often when I write my own recursive loop, I later find that I can
accomplish the same by combining list operations or by just playing with

One current limitation of Elm is that there is no tail call elimination
when using a recursive loop, so if you write your own loop and have a large
list, you can get a stack overflow. In practice, this is not a typical
problem due to other factors. I.e. miles of data on the screen impacts
performance, and is not considered good UX.

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 5:52:31 AM UTC-5, Patricia Nicole
Benedicto wrote:
> hi can i ask what is the repetiton control structucture of this
> programming languages?

For more options, visit