My use-case:  I'm creating a debugger front-end for a NES emulator I'm
writing.  Having to serialize binary data (in particular, 16KB of address
space) to be consumed by elm is inefficient in about every way possible.  I
currently pack it into an array of 32-bit signed ints before serialization
and use a port to convert that to a UInt8Array.

Also, I wrote the disassembler in typescript because I could operate on
UInt8Array (again integrated via port).  It would be possible in elm, but
would have felt a bit hacky.  ArrayBuffer would fix that!

Brian