Here is a simplified scenario:

    type alias Item = { text : String, readState : ReadState, ... }

    type ReadState = Read | Unread

    type alias Model = { items : List Item }

In the item list view, there is a filter switch: All or Unread.
When the 'Unread' switch is on, it lists all unread items.

Item can be marked as 'Read' by clicking on a item's button,
but then the item immediately disappeared from the filtered list view,
which brings bad user experience.

I'm thinking how should I model such that the just clicked 'unread'
item remains on the filtered list until some other refresh happen?
How to model this 'to be Read' state?