I have attached a simple example.

I have a model with a field called 'currentQueryTips'.

A list is filtered using the current query string, coming through an input
field.

If you run the test you will see that the view is always one step behind
the input.

In a previous iteration, I had the query filter function in the view and
everything worked well.

As I said before though, I think I did this more elegantly a few months
ago, trying to remember how...

Any help is appreciated!