I think Matz is taking the 'compiler as assistant' idea to a logical
conclusion.

You know, the idea that compilers/interpreters shouldn't barf at you, but
give you a helping hand to write your code, which is where Elm is at also!

The thing is, I find it hard to how how this could work well in Ruby. Even
with everything going well I suspect type aliases are an absolute must...

But I like the core principle - over-work the type checker in order to keep
the code as clean and minimal as possible.