On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 4:08:13 PM UTC+1, Christophe de Vienne wrote:

> I should have had a better look at what elmq allowed indeed.
>
> That said until elmq (or something equivalent) is published on
> package.elm-lang.org, we get a non-publishable package.

Yes, it would make your package non-publishable too.

> I will make some tests with now that the plain version is working
> properly.

Would be interesting to see if elmq has enough features to support your use
case, or if it needs some extension. I think gathering use cases, reviewing
what other language do and so on is the work that needs to be done prior to
proposing adding it as a supported effects module. Also, nice that you did
it without an effects module, as that is one more example to compare the
code with/without elmq, if you were to redo it on top of elmq.

I'm going to the upcoming Elm Europe conference, so I can talk to the core
devs there and see what they think of it. As I said before, perhaps its not
an 'architectural' direction that they like; on the other hand it does seem
both simple and useful.