On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 5:18:35 AM UTC+1, machinelea...@gmail.com wrote:

> Sorry I'm only a beginner and I need to understand this thing at the level
> of software architecture.
>
> If I'm not wrong, status management (or more generally application logic)
> is implemented in Elm on server side (as opposite to other JavaScript
> frameworks running on client side).
>
> Then how is status consistency guaranteed in a professional enterprise
> environment, in case of load balancing, multiple application servers,
> etc... What if the previous message hits a server and the next another one?

The concept of a 'single point of truth' comes into play here.

For some given piece of data, there needs to be just one place in your
architecture that holds the definitive state of that piece of data.

Some examples of how this can be achieved:

* A database that is shared across the application servers.
* Sessions that are serializable and can be moved to whichever application
server processes the request. Some kind of fast distributed store may be
used for this purpose.
* Sticky sessions. The same sessions always comes back to the same server,
making it simpler to guarantee a single point of truth.