http://package.elm-lang.org/packages/xarvh/elm-gamepad/latest

Gamepads cannot be implemented in pure Elm so I published a package and, in
the docs, I tell the user "hey you need to manually add a port, you can
find the code in the port/ directory".

I hope this is an acceptable compromise between keeping all of Elm's
guarantees and enabling people to share unsafe code.
Regardless, I tried to keep the JS code at the absolute minimum and do all
the real work in Elm.

Other library features:
* Recognises and supports W3C "standard gamepad" out of the box
* Allows full button remapping
* Includes function for serialising and deserialising button maps
* Includes the TEA functions and types for bare button remapping tool
* Has tests
* Keeps its implementation away from the API
* Works even on MS Edge ^_^