Elm's warnings seems to be fairly restricted to missing annotations or
unused imports, both of which is arguably trivial and doesn't affect the
program's maintainability in any meaningful way imo as the previous
commenter said.

Don't get me wrong about whitespaces, I love what elm-format does. It took
me a greater perspective to see it, but now I love the fact that I don't
care about what it does. Spaces, indentation, comments, ordering, enough
ppl have put their collective brain power into it, just check out the
issues list.

As for me, I'm just glad I don't have to sit through a 2hr meeting with a
10 member team on whether a anonymous function in js should have a space
before the bracket or whether commas should be on the end or begin the next
line or the use of semi-colons. Instead, I hit save, it formats and I can
get on with it.