On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 11:37:12 PM UTC+1, Francesco Orsenigo wrote:

> I suppose the question is, is there a consensus on which version is
>> considered to be the most 'definitive' for 0.18 code?
>>

> The last one.
> Other than that, or what you consider "last" there is no consensus and
> it's fine.
> In fact, you don't even have to use elm-format at all or feel pressured to
> update your old code.
> Readability will be very similar regardless, and in the end that's what
> matters.

I think a 'canonical' format for source code is really helpful when working
in teams. It basically removes wasting time on any debate about it (curly
braces at end of line or on new line? remember that that from C/C++/Java
days...). Once established it helps to keep patches clean and easy to work
with.