On Friday, September 15, 2017 at 12:27:27 PM UTC+1, Jan Hrček wrote:

> I suspect that this behavior has something to do with text withing the
> dragged element's inner text being selectable.
> When I add the following style attributes to the drag example, I can no
> longer reproduce the issue no matter how fast/sloppily I click:
>           ,  "user-select" => "none"
>           , "-moz-user-select" => "none"

I should have read more carefully. I think things may be working similarly
to how I described. The mouse down event occurs not on the text, but then
the pointer moved over the text and that somehow results in the mouse up
event being lost or interpreted as selecting the text. I will try this in
my application and see if I get the error always when the mouse moves over
text, and also disabling selection. Good observation.