The roadmap is still accurate. Evan talked about this at elm-conf, and we will
be releasing the video with 0.19 (it goes into a lot of "why?" and mirrors the
roadmap nicely.)

I can't speak to major language features, but Evan is still working on Elm
full-time. The language is alive and kicking. I know it's hard to see that
progress sometimes, but it's definitely happening!