The tutorial uses json-server, which, by default, expects PATCH requests to
go to a specific player's URL, not the top-level URL for all players. I
haven't played with the tutorial myself, so the following may not be 100%
accurate, but I think that you need to:

   1. Give each player an ID field, and call that field "id".
   2. When you perform the patch, the URL should be
   http://localhost:3000/db/plrs/<id>. That is, the ID should be the final
   part of the URL. (I'm not sure about the first part of the URL; your
   example is not quite consistent with the json-server documentation.)