Hi guys,

been trying to figure out for a while now how I can solve this problem.
I've implemented my own type of array, it's called NdArray. The way it
works is as follow:
It has a buffer (an array of something), a shape (list of dimensions),
strides (list of steps) and an offset. Imagine we have a NdArray with a
buffer of 9 numbers [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9], shape [3, 3] (square
matrix) and this leads to a list of strides [3, 1]. This last one means,
there is a jump of 3 numbers for each of the first dimension. Better
visualised:

buffer => [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9]
view of this buffer with shape [3, 3] =>
[ 1, 2, 3
, 4, 5, 6
, 7, 8, 9
]

Now, imagine I change the strides to be [2, 2], that means, I'm jumping one
per dimension (in this square matrix I'm jumping one column and one row).
The result is:
[ 1, 3
, 7, 9
]

I'm jumping one number in the last dimension, and an entire row in the
first dimension. Shape is now [2, 2].

So I have all this implemented already here
https://github.com/jscriptcoder/elm-ndarray. This is port of ndarray
by Mikola Lysenko, https://github.com/scijs/ndarray. But I got stuck how to
walk this array. I'm trying to implement map, filter and fold (foldl), and
to do so I must be able to walk this array, which is not that trivial (or
at least not for me). I have implemented a function "index" which takes a
location in the form of list of Int and calculates the index based on
shape, strides and offset. So I'm trying to find a way to implement this
functionality:
For example, for a [3, 3] shape then
nextLocation [0, 0] => Just [0, 1]
nextLocation [0, 1] => Just [0, 2]
nextLocation [0, 2] => Just [1, 0]
nextLocation [1, 0] => Just [1, 1]
nextLocation [1, 1] => Just [1, 2]
 nextLocation [2, 2] => Nothing

By far not an expert in functional programming, maybe someone can help me
to figur this one out?

Thanks a lot.

Fran