Le 28/01/2013 23:52, Nux! a écrit :
On 28.01.2013 21:26, Lamar Owen wrote:
The pipe-dream, and a 'better than Windows' experience, is a single
package set that covers all legacy versions plus the current version
and leverages udev to load the right bits at boot time.  I have no
clue how difficult that would be to implement, other than it's likely
to be pretty hard.

As I say, I'm not complaining about the status quo; I'm very grateful
for all the work that you do and have done in just getting us the bits
packaged, and packaged very well indeed, IMO.

Lamar's idea is quite neat! +1

indeed that's a very cool idea.

one downside though, it means release a new version of the unified nvidia package every time any one of the driver versions gets an update. So whatever version you actually use, if you stay up to date you'll download and install the new package every time. And that will be a massive download... not a problem if you have a fast network, but for some users this may be painful. Maybe also for the elrepo infrastructure (don't know how developed the mirror system is).

Not saying it's a show stopper but it might be worth considering.

Another thing: if all kmods are installed, can you make the kernel load the correct one?