Hi again,

as posted a short while ago, I have a new Acer Aspire E5-575G-55DE laptop and am trying to get C7 running on it.

This laptop has an intel i5-6200U with integrated HD Graphics 520. It also has an nvidia GeForce GTX 950M. Installing kmod-nvidia and bumblebee as explained [1] results in the "Oh no! Something has gone wrong" screen. I suspect that's because the regular C7 kernel and xorg-x11-drv-intel don't support the intel 520.

Booting into kernel-lt, it seems the intel 520 works...? This is surprising because Farkas Levente's recent post to this list suggested that a newer xorg-x11-drv-intel should be needed, in addition to the newer kernel. But I have a bunch of OK-looking intel messages in /var/log/Xorg.0.log , and glxinfo says:
OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Skylake ULT GT2

Question 1: does this mean the intel 520 works fully under kernel-lt? If not, what should I look at?

Assuming the intel GPU works under kernel-lt, I could then hope to get nvidia and bumblebee working. I've been using the elrepo nvidia drivers for ages, but I could use the nvidia-provided installer and hope it doesn't clobber anything (which I doubt...).
Question 2: any caveats here?

Finally I would need to get bumblebee working, otherwise the nvidia stuff is useless. However, bumblebee requires kmod-bbswitch... Question 3: I guess I would have to rebuild bbswitch [2] for kernel-lt, but could I still use the elrepo-provided bumblebee ?

Thanks for any advice anyone can provide.
Regards,
Nicolas

[1] http://elrepo.org/tiki/bumblebee
[2] https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/bbswitch